Re: Re :[Harp-L] PA systems

I agree with everything that Richard said, but want to add this.....

While I own and often use a larger PA system, there are plenty of times
that I prefer the convenience of my small Vocal/Acoustic amp.  Mine is a
model no longer made by Gallien-Krueger, the MV-200.  It sports 100 watts
through two-6 inch speakers, 1-low-z mic channel, 1-hi-z instrument
channel, 1-aux channel.  All three channels have individual controls, but
the reverb controls both channels 1&2.  There are several companies making
very nice, small amps of this nature.  I would look into "acoustic amps" as
well as PA systems.

In some respects, the acoustic amp functions like a powered speaker, but
has features (like reverb) that powered speakers do not have.

George