RE: [Harp-L] Some observations on 12th position on the diatonic

A couple of pentatonic tunes that work in 12th, no bends, are Auld Lang Syne (come on, chaps, it's Burns Night on Wednesday!!) and Dirty Old Town. They're both really good tunes for budding tune-players to use to get out of first position. You can play both these melodies, no bends, in first, second and twelfth. They make a great exercise for diatonic players to extend their skills in playing in different positions on the same harp. When I'm bored I can spend a happy quarter of an hour just playing the two tunes in all three positions on a D harp...or any harp really... I suppose I should add the health warning that my harps are Paddy Richter tuned.
Steve