From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of av1901@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:25 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harp Amp Option for IBC in Memphis

So, for those who have been to the IBC in Memphis to play harp.....What type
of backline harp amp can I expect to find at the IBC? Probably a Fender
reissue Bassman or maybe a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10? I can bring my
Kinder AFB and go through a house amp if its one of those.

If you normally play through a big & heavy (from the viewpoint of the
airlines) tube amp (i.e. Fender Bassman or Concert sized amp) and have been
to the IBC, did you put it in an ATA case and put it on a plane and bring it
to the IBC? Or did you rely on the backline amps provided in the clubs? I'm
well aware of option 3 (using only a digital device like the Lone Wolf
Richard's patches on a Digitech board or such) but I'm not going in that
direction.

What was your experience with the house PAs and sound man at the IBC?

These kinds of things are so variable. Yesterday we played a benefit for a
local theater and the sound and lighting was the best I've ever experienced.
The monitor mix was a joy, and it made harp playing and singing almost
effortless. I've experienced the opposite where it is a battle to hear
myself playing and singing and it is a chore.

Thanks for any help.