[Harp-L] mic with 2 eq's

I find your soundman's request a little strange. I would understand it if
it was for vocals and cupped/amped blues harp. A JT30 into an overdriven
amp doesn't sound good for vocals, and you need a separate mic for your
vocals. But I don't think I've seen anyone use two separate mics for vocals
and a racked harp. They always use the same mic.

I would just use the same mic, But if you have to use two... you might try
a mic made for racked harp. The "Applied Microphone Technology AMT HR2 Clip
On Harmonica Microphone" is available on musicians friend for $180. I don't
know if it's any good, but it is designed for that purpose. It's also
available on Guitar Center's website, where it has a 5 star rating (but
only based on 2 reviews). A product like this would let you sing through a
vocal mic and play through a harp mic without ever having to think about
which mic you're supposed to be at and no moving back and forth.