Re: [Harp-L] Reducing microphone noise on chromatic

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Neil Warren <mrp00bah@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> Anyone got any suggestions on how to reduce breath noise on a microphone.
> I am getting quite a lot of breath noise, on the blow notes of course,
> which is being picked up from the mic an detracting from the angelic tone
> of my chromatic!

If you have an EQ on your amp or PA system on the harmonica channel, try cutting the frequencies around 100 hZ, which on the harmonica are mostly breathing noise (very few harmonicas have reeds whose fundamental frequencies go that low).

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick