Re: [Harp-L] amp tube life

    I have a '65 Kalamazoo Model Two with it's original complement of Raytheons. Now, I haven't had the amp all that long, and I have no idea how much use it got with its previous owners. But I'd have to imagine they've gottens some wear and tear over a life of 47 years. To me though, harp sounds better with the natural distortion brought on by old tubes. I've heard a Bassman 59, before and after getting a full complement of brand new tubes, and to my ears, it sounded better with the old ones still in it. I have acquired a spare set of tubes for my K-Zoo, but I'm only gonna change them out if a tube happens to break.