Re: [Harp-L] adhesives

The best adhesive would be a solvent for the acrylic.  MEK (Methyl Ethel Ketone...lacquer thinner)) or Acetone may work.  Both of these are very volatile and will quickly dissipate if you warm the finished comb for a while.

If your purpose is to have the experience of making your own comb out of the materials at hand, then I'm sure you know how to go about it. A drill press with an XY table or a table-top milling machine will be very helpful. I suppose that a fret saw is a possibility for a diatonic comb.

It is not much more work to use an existing comb for a pattern and make a silicone rubber mold for casting urethane combs.  Then you can easily replicate an unlimited number.  See http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Plastic-a/c5/index.html for the required materials.

If your purpose is to substitute a plastic comb for a stock wooden one, then C.A.Reynolds Customized Harmonicas for Sale and several other vendors can supply custom combs of a variety of plastic and laminated wood materials.

Vern