Re: [Harp-L] Special 20s

Special 20's are excellent harps. My favorite for many years and I
still have many that I love to play from time to time. The only reason
I switched my gigging sets to Seydel 1847 Classics is because of reed
life in live, higher volume situations. I burned out my share of
Special 20's trying to keep up with the heavy drums, bass & guitar.
Stainless steel reeds work for me in practicality but I have found
nothing that sounds better than a fresh Special 20 in a microphone
situation. Acoustically my Jimmy Gordon customs rule. Different
strokes for different folks and variety is the spice of life are two
expressions that come to mind.

Warren Bee