Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 20:58:39 +0100
From: joel andersson <joelandersson_91@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Irish Reels on Octave Harmonica
To: Blunt White <playharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx"
	<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you!
The tuning is simple holes 1,2,3 are tuned exactly the same as 4,5,6 just one
octave lower.
The harp I used in the video is in D so the blow side should look like this: D
F# A D F#A D F# A D
And the draw would look like this: E G B E G B C# E G B
So you are missing the C# in the lower octave but that is normally only a
passing note in Irish music so you could work your way around it by either
taking a whole chord or just another note:) Rick Epping uses this tuning and
from what I'm aware of also the guy who came up with it.

Ah yeah! The XB-40 is great! I love it, it is a shame that Hohner are
discontinuing it:/
Sounds nice, clean and accurate! Keep up the good work!

MvH / Joel Andersson
www.youtube.com/joelandersson1

25 dec 2012 kl. 20:36 skrev "Blunt White" <playharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello Joel - really nice.   Would you share the tuning? I have a Seydel octave
harp on my bench now, was thinking of Paddy Richter but really like your sound.

> I enjoy watching your videos, moved me to purchase 2 XB 40's (G and low D)
which I have converted to PR.  I enjoy playing Irish and Celtic melodies.  My
background is as a blues player.   Link below is Road to Sligo.    Thanks for
sharing and inspiring the harp community.

> Regards,
> Blunt White
>
> http://youtu.be/H421QwZ_Xmc
>
> > From: joelandersson_91@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> > Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 19:41:42 +0100
> > Subject: [Harp-L] Irish Reels on Octave Harmonica
> >
> > Hi folks!
> >
> > Some more reels, I think I need to upload some jigs, marches and stuff soon.
It's only reels reels reels so far... Anyway have a really good Christmas
everyone!