[Harp-L] Flat sanding problems

Hi to all!

I'm not happy with my flat sanding job. Usually I get stock combs and
polish them with 2000 sandpaper and it's ok for me and my customers. I'm
trying to turn standart 1847 silver comb (6 mm) into thinner comb (5.5 mm)
and it looks flat, but actually leaks, as central of comb is thicker than
borders. I follow ElkRiver instructions, use 800 sandpaper on a mirror,
extra comb under to support and minimum pressure, marker lines to look
where it works, but anyway they're not flat. What am I doing wrong?
--
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
http://borisplotnikov.ru