Re: [Harp-L] Irish Reels on Octave Harmonica

Thank you!
The tuning is simple holes 1,2,3 are tuned exactly the same as 4,5,6 just one octave lower.
The harp I used in the video is in D so the blow side should look like this: D F# A D F#A D F# A D
And the draw would look like this: E G B E G B C# E G B
So you are missing the C# in the lower octave but that is normally only a passing note in Irish music so you could work your way around it by either taking a whole chord or just another note:) Rick Epping uses this tuning and from what I'm aware of also the guy who came up with it.

Ah yeah! The XB-40 is great! I love it, it is a shame that Hohner are discontinuing it:/
Sounds nice, clean and accurate! Keep up the good work!

MvH / Joel Andersson
www.youtube.com/joelandersson1