[Harp-L] A harp for home, and one for work?
- To: Harp-l Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] A harp for home, and one for work?
- From: Stephen Starling <sgstarling@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:51:24 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=6A4nGa9en721EQyD0KXfF92Xx4JBteP7+nhcC+n9oFQ=; b=auSpeGezlx5m+jnqoKOxsdT9MeUtL3Ba7m9jOq0S0RHrK+aVA4SawRL8nfN4lfwZbx 3uTKrMOjN1nkWpXsu2qNL+v58fDOizW7wJcfkIE8EuANBxhEOWLuDTQV/51EdgLeokPJ K1ajsNoFglg1UkvbqF5epp9PrirpwOCAFO+4Dc4agLQSEPPHd/SNq3zk7wCxoHrtcjbr LX/r9AHtb6h0zBy8ZcmAK4YkagKfCad3Y6KGt6j3DIm1T0M2Jn6CYJq4z7PTPjtcmbqn SbNaksFDMuC/MV8/HiLpNF0QLWQQz+1tnkcjvbnC0nr0IrZUgzm5pKpcJd8KhJpzFoRN L9sA==
I have begun my harp adventure with a c diatonic harp and the "Harmonica
for Dummies" book. Really enjoying both! My wife is a guitar and piano
teacher, I can't wait to be able to jam with her!
So my last hour at work is very slow, I expect to practice my harp
regularly at this time. Yesterday, I accidentally left my harp at work,
right before a 4-day long weekend/Christmas holiday. I had to travel all
the way back to work today to retrieve it. My wife suggested I buy a
second harp to keep at work to avoid this problem again. (Yes I'm very
Now to the question: should I get another C harp, or perhaps an A harp? I
understand that the A harp won't sound the same as the books' samples, but
I have read that there is value to practicing in other keys? Can you
offer any advice? Thanks!
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and