Re: [Harp-L] Re: Pocketful of Soul movie

After reading others thoughts on this subject I think that this is a
perfect movie to just go straight to video. A social media promotion
plan along with teaser clips on youtube could be a low budget and
successful initial push. Get it out there and hope for some viral type
traction. Maybe if the numbers look good the movie can come in the
back door for these live venues. Also perhaps the "stars" in the movie
can create a short youtube clip to pass along to their fan base and
put on their webpages. I would hate to see the movie get into a venue
and have poor attendance. The old second chance to make a first
impression concept comes to mind.

I am not affiliated with SPAH anymore but with their 50th anniversary
coming next year I think something could be done as well. Adding a
public premier and encouraging locals and media to attend would a
special event. Again, if the main players along with the manufacturers
 and SPAH get behind it and use their networks to promote this may get
the snowball rolling down the hill.

How bizarre would it be to get it on a home shopping network?
Thinkin' outside the box may be the way to success.

Warren Bee