Re: [Harp-L] pucker/tongue block question
- To: Eric Miller <miller.eric.t@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] pucker/tongue block question
- From: Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:00:32 -0500
- Cc: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20121106; t=1356030032; bh=+oNzwLfE+ifY0rmsMBaF4vlbigdmBb2kJ4jL9LKpu+Q=; h=Received:Received:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:From:Date: Message-Id:To; b=l/ed/zYsAmraZ+GgAXk+w7PrwZprJs0Pgwejg4GJ1M57rO20qNUUERsuzmqItpg7y 7XMUj0mt1TTGS9LbK40ENLRWADGcVaFiOdH2Zvh38kjPidTY7rD4/6eooLzq8peZhh 7ap+Qdw7G0MmAxGtqSpBM6ehBAY6V4ZqGf1xrlmWzzhtKZocpoJyNN+HhVJiZ02F6n 8uXCJAZ+sgL74IprbgKu2NhcJUbuiJdG0yEENaExa4eAZs8/a322LP1xC9rHbUKONB QzGUpyYddSKSuK+5vfqdSCE4BFd5jcW34az9d6/PNV0PXJ0ZXR1KuAEUdIUutTsWsW gEo0fS5WvJLOQ==
- In-reply-to: <CAN67YM7QMAZLdq8khPuwYNBp-tb14YNDqSqdJMJini=LaHLYEg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAN67YM7QMAZLdq8khPuwYNBp-tb14YNDqSqdJMJini=LaHLYEg@mail.gmail.com>
You're standing too close to the harmonica (sic). Here's a test I took for trumpet. Trumpet was hung from the ceiling by 2 strings. I had to walk up to it and make a tone touching it only with my lips.
Ok, what am I saying? DON't press your lips to an instrument any harder than necessary. That will slow you down. And btw, tongue blocking is a lot easier than lip pursing. It will eventually come.
On Dec 20, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Eric Miller wrote:
> I have two questions about pucker/tongue blocking (TB):
> 1. If a player is a TB player, do they typically stay in TB mode for
> faster runs...or do they switch to pucker for the runs?
> 2. Is it common for a TB player to pucker the lower 3-4 holes, or do they
> strictly TB all the way down, use corner switching etc.
> I started off as a pucker player, learning TB...its really slowing me down.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and