Re: [Harp-L] Bluegrass Harmonica

You have made good point.  There are two main ways to make yourself useful
and still be a harmonica player when you wish to join bluegrass jams:  hold
your own on fiddle tunes with a strong melody line, just like the string
players, and/or be tasteful with how you apply the harmonica, but be a
great lead singer for the group (which means that you have a whole other
world of woodshedding to do to not just sing the songs, but know your keys
and tempos) or be a great harmony singer.  Bluegrass jams usually lack
harmony singers and are often short on lead singers, so the jam may
tolerate, and eventually enjoy, having a harmonica player, as long as you
can contribute where contributions are most often needed.

Cara