[Harp-L] young artist

Elizabeth, I think you misread my original comment on this.

Somebody posted the clip and I came back with something like "get her  to
SPAH".  I didn't mean to suggest the young girl be given  a performance spot
or scholarship... only thought her interest may be  further piqued from the
experience of being there.  Apologies if I  left those thoughts too open to
interpretation.   I fully agree with your observations about the attention
spans of  young kids, but there's nothing in the 'rules' that says someone
has to  attend the full four days, so I say go for it!

Couldn't agree more in regard to Nic "Cottonseed" Clark, who is  now 17 and
a MONSTER player.  Not just a monster for 17, many in  the know believe
that he's a true once in a  generation musician.  This young lion has an old
soul,  and can comfortably be mentioned in the same breath as pretty much
anybody currently touring on the blues circuit.  Yeah, I know, that's  gonna'
raise some eyebrows... but only the ones of people who  have not seen him
lately.  I caught him on stage a couple weeks ago  blowing a chromatic with
Rick Estrin... it was pretty special.   Still needs to polish his stage
presence a bit (hey, he's only 17) but  he does seem quite natural and relaxed, and
already exhibits flashes of mature  showmanship.  Speaking as a festival
and benefit producer, a  pleasure to work with, as are his parents.  Anyone
looking for a nice add  for a blues festival or harmonica gathering could do a
lot worse than  hiring this humble and talented young man. (no vested
interests here)

Holiday Regards,
Christopher Richards

Stage Manager - 49th Annual SPAH  Convention _spah.org_
(http://www.spah.org/)
Soul' Proprietor - Twin Tone  Harmonica Microphones _harmonicaplanet.com_
(http://www.harmonicaplanet.com/)
Harmonica  & Vocals - The Well Diggers _harmonicaplanet.com_
(http://www.harmonicaplanet.com/)
Co  Producer - Greeley Blues Jam _greeleybluesjam.com_
(http://www.greeleybluesjam.com/)
Business  Member - Colorado Blues Society _coblues.org_
(http://www.coblues.org/)
Publisher - The free Harp Mic Buyers Guide _harmonicaplanet.com_
(http://www.harmonicaplanet.com/)
Publisher -  The Colorado Blues Jam Post _harmonicaplanet.com_
(http://www.harmonicaplanet.com/)
Benefit Producer - Starfish Project _charg.org_ (http://www.charg.org/)
(Starfish/CHARG assists musicians
afflicted by mental illness and  homelessness in the greater Denver area)