Re: [Harp-L] Re: Phosphor bronze and silver solder

I have used this solder for jewellry making--maybe it will work well for
tuning reeds:

http://www.micromark.com/tix-solder-pkg-of-20-three-inch-sticks,6707.html

It melts at a low temperature (275 F) and contains no lead:

"Tix solder is an indium-based solder, so it contains no lead. Indium is
a soft and malleable metallic element. The “hardest soft solder” will melt
at temperatures 150 degrees lower than lead-tin solders. Furthermore, Tix
solder does not contain bismuth or silver and you can safely use it on
gold, stainless steel, silver, platinum, pewter, alnico and various other
alloys."

http://www.ehow.com/info_12174584_tix-solder-contain-lead.html

Eric