 From: Glenn Weiser <banjoandguitar100@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 6:58 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] History of Bluegrass Harmonica

Calling all harmonica scholars-

As far as I know, the first recorded instance of the harmonica in bluegrass music is Charlie McCoy with Flatt and Scruggs in 1962. Is anyone aware of any earlier examples? I have been in touch with the senior historian at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville and we are trying to piece this together. I will eventually do a Sing Out! column on this topic.

Glenn Weiser