[Harp-L] Mic amp survey

I prefer not to mike thru the PA, but I use a 5F2H amp from Weber, and though it's pretty loud, I do play in a band with a guitar player. Anyone who's had this experience knows that no matter who tells them they are too loud, they still have to overpower the rest of the band. I am a guitar player as well, but for some reason, I seem to have gotten the concept of balanced sound and dynamics better than most. I recently told him that I know why many harp players prefer the Tweed Bassman. I just don't want to haul one around and don't have roadies or a sound tech. The only way around this is to mic the amp. We have a steady gig at a really small club and I can't even play there without mic-ing if I want to hear myself. So for me it's prefer not to mic, but seem to have no choice, if I want to play in a rockin' blues band.
Lare Sattler    The Little Chicago Band    Canton Ohio