Re: [Harp-L] Butterfield a u-blocker???
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Butterfield a u-blocker???
- From: Cara Cooke <cyberharp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 20:29:59 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=MeK5kc4/I4xMT57YQ+WdDCjKZnZKWovB5z2uCTsyR9U=; b=V7M1OGmgENJI501RvNiUJjyrcIlat+mvabUT9odr1i1yVvj3zwirP3xX8FEWNMiPFf 31Gdz8CsR9Ej2cKpYO/gXhLsR1t9HeBoWqBvianMw05xxgjXVn1nfCCjYxq1mAhFzgSu F1KGSVSQRDTkla5dG9Nf8Pmdo5+wbiagB/Aia9e2LamiRDtZaqx+sCgdjOj/bYW/dxlt mXLUmjz48KSWQEhGm1WNR4Z/dod71Ottwd2EgnptiMLTYnvAuaH3eMQsY2zw2ivNO4EO n16fiyuNti7M+koFqphfyv9TPCi0VsZZKcylavX1UVnFFSX+DPa+omia8Q/kdLkwzW9R HHUA==
- In-reply-to: <019401cdd8bb$f070a310$d151e930$@com>
- References: <019401cdd8bb$f070a310$d151e930$@com>
I have no idea how he played. However, I would submit to you that playing
the flute is no indication as to his choices in harmonica embouchures. I
played the french horn and I U-block. U-blocking has no place with the
french horn either.
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Tom Ellis <tellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I doubt it. His initial training was as a flautist, where u-blocking has
> place. None of the people I interviewed indicated he did anything other
> than lip playing except for octaves, etc. However almost all of them, who
> understood harmonica technique, told me could tongue block anytime he
> wanted. U-blocking is highly doubtful from my research..TOM ELLIS/Tom's
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and