Re: [Harp-L] X-Reed.com: A new Website for Extra-Reed Harmonicas

Dave Payne asked:

"Hey Brendan, aren't the combs in the pictures on your Web site Hetrick
combs? It talks like Tom made the ones in the pictures, but I don't think he
did. I've never seen one of Tom's combs that had a finish that looked like
that."

As stated on the website, our X-Reed Corian and black aluminium
sandwich-style combs are made by Tom Halchak of Blue Moon Harmonicas. I saw
some of Tom's anodized aluminium MB combs at SPAH and liked the finish, so
asked him to make my design for the X-Reed custom SUB30. We've been working
closely to make sure every detail is attended to, testing several batches of
samples in aluminium and Corian in the process. The ones in the photos are
the black anodized aluminium prototypes.

The production Corian version is being made this week, aluminium next week.
The Corian will be ready to post before Christmas, not sure on the aluminium
as it requires anodizing after milling, but certainly by early January.

BTW I like Hetrick combs too! I had a batch of 15 black Corian beauties made
for me by Matthew Smart to fit Manji reedplates, and they are fabulous.

Brendan Power

WEBSITE: www.brendan-power.com <http://www.brendan-power.com/>

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/tethnik

YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic