Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 3:01 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: kmangelos@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harp mic volume/tone control?

kmangelos@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<Has anyone tried using one of these (or something similar) before to
<control volume/tone on harp mic?
<
<http://www.jpstrings.com/braccess.htm#Cables

I looked this over. My opinion is that you are much better off buying an inline volume control from blowsmeaway productions (blowsmeaway.com). The Blowsmeaway control is twice the price at about $50, but it's a solidly built, high-performing piece of equipment. The device shown in the link you provided has two built-in cables and two rotary dials, which is 4 times as many things to go wrong as you'll find in a blowsmeaway volume control.

I've been using the blowsmeaway inline volume control in my rig for years now. It's been consistently reliable, noiseless, and maintenance-free. Assuming that your mic has an XLR connector, it's the best gear available for the job.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick