Re: [Harp-L] Dave Brubeck and Madcat Ruth

Excellent post and topic Bob, Thank You for posting!

As harp Players we are very lucky and honored to have Madcat w/ us on this list. I have seen him with The Brubeck sons on many occasions and own the recordings that Madcat did with Dave and his sons. These are must haves for any serious harmonica players and especially if your interested in playing these classic Brubeck gems like "Take Five" & "Blue Rondo" on your harp! Get them you won't be disappointed!!!

Dave was playing so great right up to his last recording which BTW feature Madcat.

I use Madcat's recordings with all my students as we work on different techniques and positions, they're invaluable tools.

Madcat doesn't just PLAY the songs, he gets "inside" them with his unique approach and sound all his own....I have learned much from studying his playing.

Here is a link to his recordings, a great way to stuff those Holiday stockings folks,-)
http://www.madcatmusic.net/store.html

Thank You for the Music Dave Brubeck and HUGE thanks to Madcat for his amazing contributions tou our instrument with this Giant of Music.

all the best,
Rob Paparozzi
www.robpaparozzi.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "robert mcgraw" <harpbob@xxxxxxxxxxx>