Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Good chromatics for a beginner

I saw a few posts about how leaky 270's are. Like Whiteboy I have a complete set (my guitarist is amused that I have chromatics in every key). All of mine are vintage 60's purchased from a small music store in Rock Island, IL in the 90's at 30% of their 60's prices. Some were leaky at first but as they were played, mouth gunk AKA salivates sealed the leaks. I've never cleaned them and they work like a charm. I still prefer my CBH's but the high notes aren't as good as I would like. QC is why so many of us are migrating towards custom or boutique harps. That didn't used to be the case. My folks have a Sunbeam toaster that they got for a wedding gift in 1953 and it still works great. Seems I have to buy a new toaster every few years. I have a waffle iron that I bought in 1982 that still works perfectly. I have a stainless steel chili pot that I also bought in the early 80's that has no defects but the chinese stainless steel pasta pot that I bought in 2008 from Walmart is rusting. I think I'll stop my rant there and play some music before I raise my blood pressure.