[Harp-L] RE; "The next level of harmonica"

Have you seen the vids of this kid Konstantin Reinfeld? I think his name
has come up in harp-l before. To me, if there's a new generation of harp
players like this kid - that's the next level. I like his recording of
Wave. Simply amazing to me.

Maybe others have been doing this sort of thing for awhile now, like Levy
or Gazelle, but it has never caught on in popularity, so that lots of
players are doing it, and it's never really hit popular music yet... the
closest would be some Stevie Wonder stuff, but even as amazing and musical
(er... "Wonder"ful) as his music is, I think this approach is even past
that.

If the new generation of harp players is approaching the diatonic
chromatically with a more musically creative intention than players like me
(who just wanted to sound like the old harp players) - and I think the new
generation of harp players is (what with all the promotion of this approach
via youtube, adam gussow, levy, ricci, etc pushing the chromaticism) I
think we'll see some really great music made by the upcoming generation of
harp players. AND if more kids are approaching the instrument this way, so
that more advanced music is being made on the harmonica, I think it will
lend the humble harmonica a bit more cred, and hence, more people playing
it, more recording made, etc.