[Harp-L] Custom Harmonica Review - Dave Payne
- To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Custom Harmonica Review - Dave Payne
- From: Matthew Smart <matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 00:55:13 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=0uOYrOp/r3zO34Z0pP84bWZm48yp0hlto3Q97WnGmb0=; b=VHCd8n88pqB1o1MKbJ2dyliKyJsvW6L05PEhP7vw/lrhl7LQGHSaRrpxmCiG/OI/Fz QO/DH58nG883ZvKmaYvU4rCLcU/KrO9mLpRdxXMycO/YxStpu9aKtGvVmzok0vIa3D75 F7c1sMYQvY7QHfsBuBVcrUbQHoSaC37PWJt/CCDrusS4DcARUI6XdPgKqFeQOb29s88I jHx4Yn/97C5WLAkNtB9lGF6cowFTJLIBjKyb3eZG/K0qQTKDtPXQoDSi68iSHFEKja4S XncxxqJNDtV3U2FxcAecBD+uskbkqyCd51lLGo5j/sPQM5mo+PQFPCGHYq/m5Ak+ii09 5KPw==
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20121026 Thunderbird/16.0.2
As Im sure many of you know, Dave Payne works for us now and so you can
say im making this up to sell harps. that is fine. Think that if you
want! This is not biased. If this harmonica sucked, I would not post a
review. Nor, have I EVER posted a full review of another customizers
work until now...
BUT, I today received a special custom harmonica from my friend Dave
Payne. sometimes us customizers like to share harps when we play on the
same team. Dave was kind enough to make me a beautiful seydel 1847 G,
with steel, reeds, but brass reedplates ah hah. Discontinued, but still
available for dealers. Old pre war seydel covers and a gorgeous fat
tone, american chestnut comb. 800 years old.
1st, aesthetics awesome. really nice looking harp. Took the time to
polish the covers and edges of the brass reedplates.
All 4 5 6 overblows work. no squeal. hard to hit 4 and 5 on a G. But
they are there on this harp.
2 and 3 draw smoke. Hard for me to do deep throat vibrato on these holes
on a stock. EASY on this. 4 draw like butter.
THE HARP IS REALLY LOUD.
The tuning is unparalleled. Elk River compromise tuning. Every chord
like velvet. Perfectly smooth. Dave has the best ear. It shows.
Here is the last comment:
Up til now, I have not been a fan of steel reeds. I really like working
with Seydel. I really like seydel brass. I really like hohner brass.
Dave made this thing sound brassy. If there is such a word. I might be
Dave Rules. BUT please do not buy his harmonicas. Because Id rather him
build me more and not you = )
p.s. the comb is almost .30 thick and so for all of those people that
think thin combs make the harp play better, I respectfully disagree!
Matthew Smart & Scott Hetrick/678-851-1434
Please consider the following when doing business with us (this is our email signature):
1) Problems getting a tight seal on that harmonica? Every single comb is quality tested before shipping. Don’t forget to flat sand those reedplates. Video how to at www.harmonicacombs.com
2) Please be patient with us on orders. We make everything in house and we are slaves to perfection. Quality takes time!
3) On the rare occasion that you should have a problem with our products or services, please don't keep it to yourself or post your displeasure on public forums. Please contact us directly so that we can resolve it immediately.
Thank you for choosing Hetrick
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and