Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Christmas CD
- To: Shirley Rowe <robertrowe2@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Christmas CD
- From: Chris Bauer <chrisbauermusic@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 07:58:44 -0500
- Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=references:mime-version:in-reply-to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:cc:x-mailer:from:subject:date :to; bh=BMIZ7xGBJykFP/6HBQKrqIQ5C2pwFadFeg0UhIbH4S4=; b=wHK+/3k6eFMM/BDeICbZdr4/Pug/X/E4d/zr8OoODDNkh/wjzQiauSdDQGbi8rhXJN DBje+qyjsRssEKdWN9xkhTahMPaY8SaKlb4PbX4Ufzmd59/TVXgCFxIbWIsKg8fYm92G mZM97/y2rT0vFA2LxA1B0k4dRMz9X7eT6sXKe1Sv6qOj514OFfpCVN7O4oSfYfZPnrG7 yfzKLjUKfbzNOTScDg24BTzcYBpbVzHyEFc7sTpl7y+OG3x+vUTsaQEM42wMh9TXlVYi qpbzYsXq9FzDRVbxHZKd+HFIwAAQXwb6NFIhI5elOVd5ZBYGTPA62rMmuV91MWJM477s I8VA==
- In-reply-to: <C2C31093-C446-48FE-B347-A023FBEC2DBD@mac.com>
- References: <C2C31093-C446-48FE-B347-A023FBEC2DBD@mac.com>
....so, does that mean I can put you down for 6 copies?
I appreciate your honesty. The idea of this record was to take timeless, familiar Christmas tunes and put them into a musical context that features the harmonica in a way that many could appreciate. It did get great reviews from All About Jazz, Jazzscene, and Downbeat (selected as an editor's pick in 2011).
Thanks for checking it out!
On Dec 6, 2012, at 3:27 AM, Shirley Rowe <robertrowe2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Don't take this personally, Chris, but I listened to the samples and thought to myself, has there been no Christmas songs written since WWII? These songs have been sung by nearly everyone and played on everything from kazoo to hurry-gurdy. There's so much contemporary Christmas material out there that needs doing. Oscar Jordan's "Cold as Hell on Christmas Day" from his Mr. Bad Luck album comes first to mind.
> This is not a commentary on your playing, Chris, but one on your song selection. I probably have half a dozen of each of these cuts played or sung by various individuals, including eclectic renditions by groups like Mannheim Steamroller. I just can't take them any more. It's time for fresh meat!
> Anyone feels like or against me? I know a lot of you are musically rooted in the first half of the 20th century, myself included, but we can still move on in hour Christmas tunes, right?
> Flame suite is on, so let the burning begin.
> PS. Bah! Humbug!
> Resident Curmudgeon.
> On Dec 5, 2012, at 11:22 PM, Chris Bauer <chrisbauermusic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Just a quick note to let you know my Christmas CD "In A Yuletide Groove" released in 2011 is available. Produced by Rob Paparozzi, this CD features some top drawer musicians. Got some great reviews too.
>> Here's a link to get yours!
>> Chris Bauer
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and