Re: [Harp-L] AABB playing

It is typical of Irish and old time dance music where the A and B parts are 8 bars each. Time signature is typically 4/4 (reel, hornpipe, etc.) 6/8 (jig), or 9/8 (slide).  A part is played through twice followed by twice through the B part. Then the entire sequence is repeated at least once before ending or flowing into another tune. Longer tunes may have a C part (Banish Misfortune) and even a D part (Langstern's Pony).

Robert