[Harp-L] learning in sequence

When a student doesn't capture a new sequence with slow-down
and repetition, I use another method that really helps:

EXAMPLE
8 notes in a pattern, played without regard for timing (yet)

SEQUENCE
I play the first note, student copies back to me
I play 1st and 2nd notes, copy
1st, 2nd, 3rd notes, copy
add one note after each successful pass
THEN apply rhythm and timing

RESULTS
Students enjoys their own progress and recognize their ability to learn.
Later in the lesson hour I may ask for that line again, to test recall.

HELP?
I could surely use a short name identifier for this method. What would YOU
call it?

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam