[Harp-L] Christmas Carols
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Christmas Carols
- From: Glenn Weiser <banjoandguitar100@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 19:26:34 -0800 (PST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1354591594; bh=i7B0HFF8aB1j03w7RCnM0y44F27LpctjbePN2YepDdA=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=zWd8aznNt1dNUD5YmuyVJ8l1SI5Cy6hII0+hxIFs+8xYFCu2T9ItO1q59TDHNJ2zhkGz3Cp1IXdDSw7sITedsDG/KkNZU68ffFDKgLEiR4RIAUTxuuWsMojB7o8QyKtpAtRcrXC98meWNt/irAbnmmTjI3dAJKEV/3XmQ22QvKg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=3tbWmPw01PhhBKfC5oYIOpR61Rkd4yTywvPxfAqbIXaoHwcq+KUIOqr6RTxzbJT32W/9WQ2EFpYWLBA7c+pnrzMjZZJd50iRwj0ZkPDpq9vJ5rJjfvyNo/Hl6DKxwtSvqIzzt5Q5CYK04UTW5KfyVHMfzF2kAy7ddiMVARdScMw=;
- In-reply-to: <201212032125.qB3LLCId020208@harp-l.com>
- References: <201212032125.qB3LLCId020208@harp-l.com>
- Reply-to: Glenn Weiser <banjoandguitar100@xxxxxxxxx>
<Oh, by all means, Silent night. It's perfect, it's a German (well, Austrian German) song that was written not long before the harmonica started catching on.
And also the only famous Christmas carol to have been composed on guitar (the pipe organ in the villiage church broke down in 1814, so the townsfolk did what they could and set a recent poem to music. It's perfect tune to my ears.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and