Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Jason Ricci 'Goin' to California' and Skype lessons

I am greatly appreciative to see Richard, one of the players that I admire and respect the most..a person whom can ALSO keep my attention for as long as he likes, throw an accolade Jason's way.

I have had many occasions where I went to listen to a so called headliner and wound up disappointed, as they showed me everything they had in 4 minutes. So, players like that should limit their stuff to 3 min 49 seconds. But in Jason's case, I don't know if people really understand what we have/had here? A man whom IS all that harmonica IS. A veritable human harmonica, Jason can play 13 min solos, 44 min sets, and 2.5 hour gigs and never do the same riffs twice.

Not only that but he changes: speeds, keys, chording, deliveries, attacks, genres, styles, and yada yada ad infinitum. I sure hope we get him back. He brightens up a dark room like Christmas lights. He exudes life. Yes, he is definitely one of a kind.

smo-joe  (he provided DaVinci with the 'paint by the numbers' canvas for the Mona Lisa. He holds Venus deMilo's arms in safekeeping. He keeps his sea shell collection on all the beaches of the world). Yes, he IS the most unforgettable character you will ever meet.