Re: [Harp-L] Re S{PAH Numbers

On Aug 24, 2012, at 10:43 AM, Tom Stryker <tstryker1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The same consistency goes for SPAH's membership numbers which actually
> increased during the last six years.

That is true, however, your analysis cherry picks the data. There's been a net loss over the last 10 years 892 in 2001 and approximately 872 in 2011 Since the peak in 2008 (935), membership declined some 7%. From the point of view of membership numbers and dues revenue (which has not kept pace with inflation) our annual revenue from dues is effectively less than it was 10 years ago.

Things are not quite as rosy as you paint them. Winslow has his work cut out for him. I hope he chooses to address these structural issues with some gusto.

Bob Cohen
w: bobjcohen.com
t: #itsabobworld
---------
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." Albert Einstein