 From: Mick Zaklan <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:21 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH numbers?

   Didn't go last year because of disk surgery on my neck, but my first
impression when I arrived in Dallas was that the attendance seemed down.
And fewer vendors.  Demographically,  more kids.  I don't know if that's
going to help; my experience with kids is that they get interested in stuff
and then move on to other stuff.  There's a restlessness.  But handing out
free passes to promising kids is probably worth the gamble.  From my
standpoint, it was an extremely pleasant experience to watch these
youngsters playing around the building.  I particularly liked the one named
Jake.  Caught him twice, and each time he was extremely musical.  Hadn't
fallen under the spell of the machine gun note-sprayers.  And an
exceptional singer, too.

Mick Zaklan