Re: [Harp-L] Phil Caltabellotta

I think Rober that what my super hero Ricardo the Hunter is saying that my little brother Philipo plays out of the normal structure that one would normally expect. Always a stellar player, Phil has only recently branched into jazz in the last 5 years and I am very proud of his progress.

I would take this to mean that his style or better yet choice of notes is a little different. He did a difficult version of Charley Parker's Ornithology. As for Richard, he also played a GREAT version of Song for my Father. A tune that Jay Gaunt and I usually open up with.

So, since they can both beat me up (so to speak), I never joined in. lololol. In fact, everyone at the jam intimidated me.

smo-joe  (the country of origin on his passport reads.....Earth)