From: Michael Easton <diachrome@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Aug 20, 2012 6:46 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: $10 cover

My band will be playing it's first cover gig next week.  I think the
cover is somewhere between $7-10.
It is also the first venue where we can make $400 plus depending on
how long we play there and draw a crowd.

My friend's band has been playing there for about 4-5 years now.  They
only play about 4 gigs a year.  Barely a step up from a garage band in
talent and stage presence yet
they are now paid $600 a gig there playing classic rock.  It would
never work if a cover charge weren't in place.

Most rock based venues in this area charge a cover.  The jazz and
blues venues don't.  Hence the difference between making $250 a night
compared to making $400 to $1000 a night or more.

Take Care
Mike
www.harmonicarepair.com