[Harp-L] RE: Audience response

I didn't read all of the answers by miss of time, but in my point of view, I believe a good solo need few minimum things:
Playing in place : good note at the good time !!!
following its intentions by listening to the other musicians: playing the not you would like to listen with what you are listening from the other and being able to change the plan on the fly by keeping anyway a nice sequence of sounds (not notes...I mean sounds)

I mean that finally with the first point you don't need to be the best technician on the earth to touch the people somewhere. I believe a beginer can do better than someone, very good technician somewhere playing 1000notes/minute by playing 3 notes per minute, but at the good time...just following the first point !
A last point would perhaps that the more you are opened to different kind/style of music and the more you listen about music, then the more you have vocabulary and ideas to translate on a fidel way your feeling and perhaps...touch people... not imitating some known thinks you often listen, but trying to propose something else ...

Patrice PS: I hope people on SPAH convention have a good time... lots of them I would like to meet :) ...but like Elizabeth, I am shy as well :))) (perhaps next year...I am expecting the report from my french friends ;))... Jean, Marko, Robert... )