[Harp-L] RE: 10$ Cover at SPAH Blowoff

Steve Power wrote:
For a start, I'd pay $10 to see Rob Roy Parnell with a band without any
additional harp talent to sweeten the pot. Way more importantly, one of the
big reasons live music is struggling on the bar/club level is bar owners
refusal to pay a guarantee and the general publics reluctance to pay a
cover.  When musicians themselves are reluctant to pay a cover that is very
sad indeed.  In fact, I think there is a question that should be asked of
ourselves. When was the last time you went out and supported live music on a
local level yourself  i.e. paid a cover for a local band or even dropped
money in their tip jar? And when I say "money" I mean more than a dollar or
two. If we won't support each other how the hell can we expect anyone else
too?

SB responds
Thankyou Steve, you speak from my heart :-)

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de