[Harp-L] Re: Natural Minor

Hi Mike,

There is a section on tuning natural-minor harps in "5-limit minor Just Intonation" in my text "Theory of harmonica tuning" (at http://ohw.se/hca/tuning-theory/). Table 16 shows how many cents deviation there should be from 12-tone equal temperament.

I don't know to which tuning scheme Hohner tunes their NM harps. Maybe Steve Baker or Rick Epping can provide this information? To my ears they sound like "5-limit minor JI".

In my text there are plenty of references to Pat Missin's Web site, which of course is the primary reference on harmonica tuning, as well as to posts by Rick Epping and others here on harp-l.

Orjan