[Harp-L] RE: $10 Cover

I missed the original post from this thread but from what I can gather I guess there was some complaint about being charged a $10 cover for the Blues Blow Out? "Hmm",seriously?

For a start, I'd pay $10 to see Rob Roy Parnell with a band without any additional harp talent to sweeten the pot. Way more importantly, one of the big reasons live music is struggling on the bar/club level is bar owners refusal to pay a guarantee and the general publics reluctance to pay a cover. When musicians themselves are reluctant to pay a cover that is very sad indeed. In fact, I think there is a question that should be asked of ourselves. When was the last time you went out and supported live music on a local level yourself i.e. paid a cover for a local band or even dropped money in their tip jar? And when I say "money" I mean more than a dollar or two. If we won't support each other how the hell can we expect anyone else too?