Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Meatwhistle?! I got yer euphemism right here!

I'll have to take YOUR word for it then, Peter. But it begs the question:
were they Scots or originally from some other part of the World? Inquiring
minds  just have to ask because I've also sounded this off my Scottish
cousins and  they're as bewildered as I am. It sounds as though it could be Asian
in origin.

For my part (Glasgow raised) we called it a mouth organ. That was pretty
standard nomenclature for those of us who used 'proper' English
pronounciation.  Those speaking Glaswegian slang would call it a 'moothie' as do many
other  Scots players I've run into since then, but munti is definitely a new
one.  Perhaps it's regional to Edinburgh?

Elizabeth

In a message dated 8/15/2012 10:46:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,