[Harp-L] Madcat Style Rhythmic Playing (Video) at SPAH

I followed with interest the recent thread relating to "rhythmic playing". I
have been attempting to utilize various rhythmic percussive patterns with
the "medical" harmonica. I have found most harmonica rhythm and percussive
techniques are designed only for the draw chords. Because the "medical
harmonica" a 'diatonic chord harmonica' plays 8 chords (F, F7, C, C7, G, G7,
D, D7, half while blowing and half while drawing), I would find it useful
and desirable to adapt or develop existing or new rhythms that also work on
the blow chords.

Peter Madcat Ruth, an exceptional rhythmic percussive player, has developed
many excellent percussive patterns. These were designed only for the draw
chords. It is the intent of my efforts to adapt one of his patterns to work
also on the blow chords. In this way, it will be possible to accompany
bands/musicians/singers/harmonica players in the I, IV, V chord patterns in
the key of C, as well as the key of G. My first attempt is illustrated in
the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=PrO_JqswsYI

Anyone attending SPAH with an interest in "rhythmic playing" may be
interested in the seminar Friday morning at 8:30 am with Paul Davies and
myself.

I would be most appreciative if anyone with further suggestions and/or ideas
would contact me.

Thank you!

John

cell (519)658-3733