[Harp-L] Re: Hispanic Harp Players

I am...  i play merengues, salsa, bachata with my corporate gigs band. It
was not planned. I was just bored so i started diggin it and the music
director likes it and clients too. The other day i play for the first time
a cumbia version of Pretemders Back on the Chaingang by Selena named as
Fotos y Recuerdos (not sure was the name) It was fun..

About Charlie Musselwhite..the first time i heard him playing Cuban music
sound to me kind of strange but not bad playing. I love Charlie and he's
one of my heroes. But to me as a latin player the flow was very strange for
my taste. Not Bad..Just strange..Great fills and bendings plus the sound
man..No one sound like Charlie Musselwhite..and he's expanding his music
makin it more global.  Still is a great effort and we can learn from what
he does. I think it was the fact that Jibaro Cuban Music just depends on
Triple,Guitar,bongos and guiro. Some add flute or trumpet for those who
want to beautify it. No Sax..If you want to practice harmonica on some
latin flavor stuff. Look For La Murga..from Hector Lavoe. Steady beat and
plenty of space to fill it out. You'll find it on You Tube Karoeke
versions..try it out. Have fun