[Harp-L] Hohner brings Howard Levy and Michael Timler to Australia

Over the last week Howard Levy and Michael Timler toured Australia, courtesy of Hohner (thanks guys)

As of 2010, Michael has been in charge of maintenance at Hohner. He's been busy, the result a set of videos on key aspects of harmonica maintenance and repair, with a toolkit to match. Visit http://hohner-cshop.eu/cms/index.php/en/ for details. It's the first time this information has been presented so clearly, as far as I know. Worth a look, even just to hear Steve Baker describe it all.

Howard did a Saturday night concert, followed by a workshop on Sunday. If you haven't heard Howard play, then you must. The experience is hard to describe. Immensely humbling, enormously uplifting. I suspect that few players of any instrument have exceeded their peers in the way that Howard exceeds us. And all of it goes towards the music. His workshop was low key and great. He talked about his approach to the instrument and how it relates to his keyboard playing. He opened it with blues in 12 keys, all on a A harmonica, going up a semitone after each chorus.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays