Re: [Harp-L] Runaway - Bonnie Raitt

It can be played on one harp (an F) as Winslow suggested.  It is also worth
exploring with 4 harps (F, Eb, Db, and C), too, just for the experience.

I have played it with just an F diatonic successfully on a number of
occasions at gigs.  It will not be identical to Norton's excellent version
since you don't have the same scales available as with the 4 harps, but you
can play enough similar lines that most non-musician audience members won't
notice any difference.

I have played it with 4 harps a few times just to try it out.  Harp
switching doesn't bother me, but managing that many harps and always having
the correct one ready without missing a beat is a hassle, and takes
repeated rehearsal before considering playing it in public.

Which is why I would normally just use an F if someone calls for this
song!

Doug