Subject: [Harp-L] Re; Hispanic Harp Players

I remember the Texas players thread, as well as the NE players, so decided
to check the archives.

In October 2011 there were a couple of posts about North Eastern  players
which segued to Texas players. From what I can see you tossed in  Mickey
Raphael to begin, got a response from Michael Rubin listing about 14  names
while explaining that there were so many more, then Slim mentioned  one other
player and the thread seemed to fade out from there.

I couldn't find anything negative or a hint of a pc 'slap down'  relating
to the topic.

As far as this being ethnocentric I don't see how? Michael has students who
 themselves are hispanic and are interested in knowing to whom else they
might be  able to relate, especially since harmonica playing in Texas for
latino players  was traditionally geared to Tejano music? I'm guessing his
students are  more interested in blues and looking for players like themselves to
 emulate. I might ask the same question about Scottish Chromatic players
for  myself.

For my tastes I would add Javier Argomedo ('Diabluz') from Chile, and both
Pablo Fagundes and Thiego Cerveira from Brazil to the previous list, all of
 whom have visited and played at Spah. Both Javier and Pablo have several
YouTubes available.

Here's an interesting clip of Howard Levy with Thiago and  Melk Rocha
--looks as though it's from SPAH 2010 from the tag Melk's  wearing.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uCNhxc6AKM_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uCNhxc6AKM)

Elizabeth

"Message: 5