[Harp-L] Re: Mystery depression-era harmonica (visual)

The wonderfully evocative photo linked below at first had me thinking the
man on the left was playing a Hotz model like an Atta Boy or Harmonica King
that had covers like the old handmade Blues Harp, but now I think it is
probably a prewar Marine Band whose coverplates are a little beat down by
hard living. Would anyone venture a positive ID? It's a high-res photo, so
blow it up and guess away. And what kind of song do you think they're
playing, given his position on the harp and the guitar fingering? Is it an
old standard (to us) with the harp possibly held upside down, or maybe some
blues?

1936 photo <http://www.shorpy.com/node/13435?size=_original>

Stephen Schneider