Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Subject: Re: Rupert Oysler/now Sugar Blue ~video~

In a message dated 8/3/2012 8:13:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
robertrowe2@xxxxxxx writes:

I  snagged Another Man Done Gone by RO as soon as it was posted to YouTube.
 Excellent rendition of an old standard. Have you seen/heard Sugar Blue's
rendition on YouTube?  I found it while searching on the song title. He
slows it way down and plays it on a very low harp. It was recorded live at
Bull Run and there are six other tunes of note from this concert posted by the
same individual, all of which reside in my iTunes library now.

Thanks,  Elizabeth, for introducing me to Sugar Blue!

Kelly

Hey Kelly: I hadn't seen the Bull Run series of vids yet--thanks for that.
Great stuff! Sugar's version is fabulous with tone to die for.

As you already know, Sugar's a friend and great guy, besides being a
helluva harmonica player and one of today's greats. Because of your  interest in
him I tracked down this gem from his 1979/80 Crossroads  Album: quite
different from his style today, but also beautifully played.  Enjoy!

Dark and Hungry

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2qlEtRkJ4&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2qlEtRkJ4&feature=related)

Elizabeth