RE: [Harp-L] Repetitive licks

My favourite is a single note played in time with the rhythm, it's great for subtly adding some extra oomph to selected sections of a song.  I use a somewhat longer repetitive riff on "You give me more" on this page http://www.snakelegs.org.uk/

Typically I'll try to make up a different riff for each song when I do this, though when I'm improvising on stage to songs I haven't played before I'm sure there are some old favourites that I unconsciously fall back on.

Patrick