Re: [Harp-L] Is there such a critter?

My Tenor "C" is a Hohner CX-12, and I think it is excellent... I do  not
find the slide mechanism noise to be intrusive. It's a great harmonica,  mine
was built for me recently by Antony Danneker. It is more  "air tight" and
louder than a 270, and I have never had anything other than  excellence from
Tony Danneker harmonicas, he builds them to order.....  But  honestly, I had
a Michael Timler modified 270 tenor "C"... And I liked that even  more. It
was one of the best harmonicas I ever played. Sadly it got  stolen.
For me either a 270 tenor C is fine, and a CX-12 tenor C is just fine
too... But  if you have $6,000+ USD available, get a Renaissance tenor  C from
Seydal... I don't know if Hohner supply a Silver Concerto Tenor C? If  they
did I'd be tempted.
As a point of information, my favourite harmonica is a 270 in the key of
"G". The two I own were modified by the late by Bill Romel,  and then set  up
by Tony Danneker and now both play like a dream. I guess most  harmonicas
sound better if an expert harp tec has set them up!
And NO I am not an "Endorsee" of any brand of musical instrument.
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Scotland.

In a message dated 4/20/2012 9:07:49 P.M. GMT Daylight Time,