 From: Michael Easton <diachrome@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:23 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Anybody  know what this weird thing is?

Dave,
Remember there other uses for plated free reeds as instruments. It may not necessarily be a harmonica.

A clock restorer sent some harmonica looking plates to me a little over a year ago to clean tune and replace a reed.  The plates were used in a
German clock. When the clock struck at the top of the hour it would play a melody rather then chime.  Had something like that made it out of Germany and
ended up buried and rotting in a battlefield for more then 100 years someone might wonder what it was also.

Think outside a harmonica and you might have a better clue as to what it is.  It could be from some European folk instrument.

On Apr 21, 2012, at 11:39 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Message: 12
> Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 20:14:21 -0700 (PDT)
> From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Harp-L] Anybody know what this weird thing is?
> To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

> There's this guy in Virginia who keeps digging up these harmonicas - most of them seem to be Seydels for some reason... Anybody have any clue what this thing is?
> http://elkriverharmonicas.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,499.0.html
>

> David
> www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Take Care